Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Recap

It's been 3 crazy, nonstop days! I wanted to tell about our fun filled Mother's Day weekend before I crash! It all started on Friday night, when I decorated an Elmo cake for our bbq we were having Saturday night. We had my mom and grandma over for dinner, and I knew the kids would LOVE an Elmo cake. This was the first time that I had decorated my own cake. I think it turned out pretty well. I definitely need to practice tinting icing. It is pretty tricky to get the exact color you want (or I am too picky). Here is the finished product:


Saturday morning I was surprised by the hubby with a massage appointment. It was just what I needed....50 minutes of pure bliss!! When I got home, it was back to work. I prepared for our company and baked Red Velvet Cupcakes for another bbq we had tonight at the in-laws.

Today we spent the day at Independence Grove (a local forest preserve). The weather could not have been more perfect! There was a huge playground and the kids loved it!




I have to say that I am feeling especially blessed this year! Although it was a very hectic weekend, I was surrounded by all of the mom figures I have in my life and my wonderful hubby and kids. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment