Monday, June 6, 2011

One of those days....



Today has been a rough day to say the least. I was in such a good mood this morning because school is over and it's our first "official" week of summer. My good mood went downhill pretty quickly!

It all started with our gymnastics class today. The class was PACKED! There were so many people there and a lot of  parents brought older siblings too. It was a zoo, which made it even more difficult to keep an eye on both my little ones. Ben was climbing on a block (that he has climbed on a million times), and fell. It would normally be ok because the block is so close to the ground and there are mats all over the floor, but he fell kind of funny on his neck. I was pretty scared but he seemed to bounce back pretty quick, phew! After my heart stopped racing super fast and things were back to normal, it was time to go. Ben was trying to run out the door and into the parking lot. I grabbed on to his shirt and whipped my head around to grab Syd and SMACKED the bridge of my nose right into the door. I was able to keep my composure until I got to the car and then broke down. My nose was (and still is) throbbing. I have no idea if there is something wrong with it,  but I guess time will tell.

After class, we had lunch with an old friend and her daughter. It was yummy food and good company. My day started to get better (not for long). On the way home, Ben spilled milk all over himself, his seat and the floor of the car. I wrapped the leaking cup  in one of the kids' bibs and took it out of the car when we got home. I put it on top of the stroller in the garage so that I could bring the kids in the house, and spilled milk all over the stroller.

The milk is all cleaned up and the kids are sleeping. I am trying to enjoy a little down time and hopefully the second half of the day will be better! If not, I guess there is always tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment