Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday U.S.A.

The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays:  food, friends, family and fun! What is not to love? This year was just as memorable. We had a blast at the 4th of July parade. Sydney had fun dancing to the music and mimicking the cheerleaders. Ben was mesmorized by the firetrucks and big monster trucks. I was afraid that they would be too loud, but he couldn't get enough! Here are a few pictures from the parade....



 After the parade (and some much needed naps), we headed to GG's house for swimming and dinner.


When I was little, I loved running up and down the long hallways at my Grandma's house. It was so fun to look at myself as I breezed by in the mirrors. This year it was fun to see my own kids enjoying the same thing. I guess some things never get old!



After all of our fun activities, we enjoyed some delicious food. I spent a few hours (the day before) making a flag cake that I saw on one of the blogs:
http://delectabledeliciousness.blogspot.com/2009/07/4th-of-july-fun.html
It was a huge hit! Here is the finished product!



 We didn't make it to the fireworks, but we will definitely add it to the agenda next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment