Thursday, August 11, 2011

My New Obsession...

Chicken Cesar Pitas

Now I cannot take all of the credit for this one,  my neighbor told me a while ago how she makes these for her family. You can use so many different ingredients to make it your own! I have to say, that I loved this meal so much that I ate it for dinner two days in a row!


First, I marinated chicken breasts in Italian Dressing. It caramelized the outside of the chicken when I grilled it and gave it lots of flavor. After the chicken was grilled, I sliced it into small pieces. I cut up Hearts of Romaine and Red Onion. I stuffed the chicken into a Pita (I prefer the pitas that have the pockets you can stuff). Then I poured on some Cesar Dressing ( I used the fattening stuff, but I am sure any brand would work) and sprinkled some shaved Parmesan cheese on top. Then I topped it with some Romaine and Red Onion. It was that simple but so delish!

Chicken Cesar Pitas are super easy to make.They are the perfect summer meal. You could cut up cucumber, hard boiled eggs, sun dried tomatoes, croutons and even throw in some pasta. You could even toss all of your ingredients in the dressing before stuffing it in the pita. The possibilities are endless! Pair it with your favorite glass of wine, and you are in for a treat!
Publish Post


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment