Friday, April 15, 2011

Heart of the Matter

Today at the twins 18 month check up, we got some unsettling news. The Dr. referred Ben to a Pediatric Cardiologist to rule out circulatory problems. This is because his face, ears and lips sometimes turn blue. This happens almost always when he is cold, but sometimes his face, back and tummy feel warm when this occurs. The Dr. thinks it is just superficial and that there is really no reason for concern. He just wants to error on the side of caution.

I have to say that I really trust our Pediatrician and his judgment. I believe him when he tells us that there is nothing to be concerned about. With that said, there is still something super scary about my little guy having to go see a cardiologist. I am sure he will be ok and this will just confirm what we already know, that Ben is a healthy little guy. It's just going to be a little worrisome until we actually get down to the bottom of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment